About Our ClinicThe practice was founded on Stradbrook Road in 1953 by the late Dr. John Goodbody, who was joined thereafter by the late Dr. Robin Benson, Dr. David Thomas and the late Dr. Donald Brookes.
The practice expanded and outgrew its location, moving to Eaton Square in 1981. In the intervening years, Dr. Penny Bleakley joined the practice in 1991, followed by Dr. Karl Kavanagh in 1995.
In order to facilitate the growing patient population, it was once again necessary to relocate the practice to its current, modern, purpose-built premises, situated in what was originally Beechlawn House, and the practice became known as Beechlawn Medical Centre in 2003.
The practice further expanded with the introduction of Dr. Kate O'Leary in 2004 and Dr. Sarah Brookes in 2012.
Practice Nurses Deborah Dolan and Ann Carolan complete the Clinical Team.